In this video Yannick bares his thoughts on weapons and boats: Do we carry weapons on Ponyo? And if yes, what weapons and how do we use them? A highly controversial topic in the sailing world, so check out the video!
Ok sorry for the outbreak and double sorry since those aren’t even Canadian dishes. I get a little crazy these days, so much to do!! Apart from editing videos (and organizing all the footage I’m given from all family members and various devices) there’s boat school, boat keeping, boat repairs and of course my job. I’m about to re-design my business to be more location independent right now, so instead of flying back and forth for workshops and trainings (which is also very environmentally unfriendly) I’d prefer to coach and consult from afar.
We are now back in Las Palmas after a fantastic week of sailing, snorkeling and anchoring in El Hierro, the westernmost island of the archipelago. But since we tried – AGAIN – to sail back to Las Palmas through Tenerife and Gran Canaria we encountered – AGAIN – the very strong and annoying acceleration zone with its nasty waves. PONYO did a great job but things inside broke, our main sail ripped and now the other railing broke, daaaaaaahhhhhh! So – AGAIN – instead of taking care of improvements we have to fix old things.
To give you an idea, this is our most recent to do list!
stuff we have to get done before we can go sailing again:
- fix main sail
- fix railing (ripped)
- fix solar panel (cable ripped off)
- fix stove (broke off for the umpteenth time)
- fix table (broke off after Ric fell onto it when a biggy of a wave hit us)
- make something to prevent stuff from falling around every which way and hitting people on the head
- fix the outboard engine (so that we can actually use our dinghy again when anchoring)
- make lee sails to prevent crew from falling out of their berths when heeling to starboard. It’s getting ridiculous.
stuff we have to get done before we ever leave the Canaries
- get a new radar
- install our wind vane that we have been chauffeuring around on our deck for 10 months now
- new plugs and sockets
- get wind generator (for our insatiable appetite for electricity to charge cameras, laptops and phones!!)
- fix stairs (so no one breaks his/her rib again)
- replace all lights with LEDs to save electricity
- get wire baskets for our fridge so we don’t have to dig through a pile of food every time we want to get something out
And so that you have something to look at, here are a couple of photos of our trip to El Hierro! And before I forget: PONYO made up to 13,7 knots on our way from Gran Canaria to El Hierro!!!!! She’s a rocket!!!
Oh right, I almost forgot: our latest video about our Mallorca adventure, don’t miss it!
Someone recently said to me she thinks the universe is trying to teach me patience and lowliness („Demut“ for my German readers, I just looked it up because despite my Continue Reading →
The boys‘ latest video!
Finally, after 5 long weeks, I have my laptop back and I am as happy as a clam and I can continue posting! Right now we are stuck in San Continue Reading →
Since I haven’t been able to post anything over the last couple of weeks, here a brief recap of places we have visited so far and the highlights! After going Continue Reading →
Well, videos aren’t up to date yet (we have been in Italy for more than a month) but the boys are working hard to catch up!